• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Hankins smokeless muzzleloader

Mnovak73

Anyone have a Hankins custom smokeless muzzleloader sitting in their safe that they never use and would like to turn it into cash? Looking to buy a custom smoked muzzleloader, Prefer it to be a Jeff Hankins build or one that has his ignition system. Figured I'd try here before getting on Jeff's waiting list for a build.

Well I guess someone hijacked my thread and talked old McRem45 into selling his Hankins to them.
I told McRem45 I was interested (been texting back and forth) and I had to verify my local FFL dealer was doing transfers in the current Coronavirus world we are living in and I'd let him know Monday. As far as I was concerned we had a deal, I guess he did not, he could have at least told me he had another person wanting it or that he wanted a deposit before Monday to firm the deal up, nope, he just sells it, I guess integrity is almost non existent in this world anymore. 🤷‍♂️
A man can sell his things to whomever he wants, I get that but pretty ****** in my opinion.

Last edited:
I'm toying on the idea of building one on a Remington action, I built a smokeless on a savage action last year using a PRecision Rifle Bullets barrel and breech plug. Hankins and ASG seem the most popular for the barrel set up. I spoke to both of them on the phone and would probably go with Hankins, not for quality differences but he just had that back woods down home hospitality that turned my questions into conversations!! If you know what I mean.

I'm toying on the idea of building one on a Remington action, I built a smokeless on a savage action last year using a PRecision Rifle Bullets barrel and breech plug. Hankins and ASG seem the most popular for the barrel set up. I spoke to both of them on the phone and would probably go with Hankins, not for quality differences but he just had that back woods down home hospitality that turned my questions into conversations!! If you know what I mean.
I know exactly what you mean, Jeff Hankins is a good man. I would just have him build me one and still may if I can't find one here in the next few weeks.

Jeff has built me several over the years , you want be disappointed. He is a top shelf kind of guy
I shoot hillbill load in mine , its a Hammer

I was torn between Jeff at Bestill and Luke at arrowhead on my build. I spoke with Jeff and he told me that Luke would be a good choice if I didn't want to wait as Jeffs waitlist was long at that time. No disappointments with my build. The LR muzzle brake made this an awesome rifle with minimal recoil. 300 gr at 2800 fps is no joke!