Handloading

Montana Chrome

I'm looking for info. from any of you guys on loading the Barnes 168gr. Triple Shock in the .300WSM. Specifically, powders and charges. Thanks.

I don't have any personaly tested info for you but I just wanted to welcome you to the forum. I'm sure someone here will have some info for you soon. I have the barnes manual and in an email they told me to use the XLC data for the TSX bullets. Here is what it says for the 168 XLC. 75.5 grains max IMR 7828, 74.5 grains max for RL22, 73.5 grains max for IMR 4831, 71 grains reloader 19 which was a recomended powder,66.5 grains max ramshot big game another recomended powder. Those are max loads listed by barnes for the 168 XLC. They ( barnes ) told me to use XLC data for TSX bullets due to pressure being reduced by the grooves in the same way the moly reduces pressure so take it for what it's worth and I hope it helps you!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.