Greetings from VA

jrallen_usmc

I'm a long time lurker, finally registered. I live in central Virginia but do most of my "long range" hunting (deer and groundhogs mostly, some predators) in southwestern Virginia. I'm currently killing critters with a Rem. 700 SPS Tactical in .308 with a Bell & Carlson Medalist A3 Tactical stock, Badger Ordnance bolt knob, Harris swiveling 9-12", and Leupold VX-III 6.5-20x40 on top. With my handloads, 1/2" @ 100 is the norm, occasionally I will get my head on straight and shoot a 1/4" group. I also have a Rem. 700 SPS in .243 that is far less glamorous to look at, but it still shoot's 1/2" with good handloads.

Love the site!

BH,

I have been watching the videos and reading the articles around here about F-Class matches and I hope to get into one within the next year or so. I am inexperienced at anything past 600 yards (except for a few bursts with the M2 .50 BMG in Iraq...), so I think I will have to do some work to get confident up to 1000. I will definitely need to work on my ballistics chart since I only have good data for my current load out to 400. But in any case, I look forward to seeing some of you guys at a match someday!

welcome neighbor, I lob lead at deer and chucks up in wv, use to hunt shenadoah county va every year but due to a change in carreers and other things I gave up hunting va.
RR

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts