Greetings from Colorado

Dsquared149

I'm a retired CA LEO and moved to CO in 2019 right before the pandemic started. In CA, I loved calling coyotes, shooting ground squirrels (can't really call it hunting), deer and pig hunting. I handload all my rifle ammo: 223, 22-250, 7mm RM, 308, 30-06 & 300 WM. I finally got my CO hunting license this year so I need to learn how to hunt in the prairie lands (east of the Rockies); the terrain is so different from CA.

welcome.
Plenty of coyotes out east, and even towns of pdogs can be found in many places too. Mostly private property but if a guy takes the time to knock on some doors he can usually get permission to hunt some ranch's. Getting permission to hunt any big game is a bit tougher.

Welcome to the forum! Any mountain hunt planned?
Not yet. Just got my CO license last month and trying to decipher the big game point system. I hooked up with a guy who was looking for a partner for pronghorn hunting and we put in for tags. Scouted the area 3 weeks ago; the terrain was so flat; ot used to that coming from CA.

I'm a retired CA LEO and moved to CO in 2019 right before the pandemic started. In CA, I loved calling coyotes, shooting ground squirrels (can't really call it hunting), deer and pig hunting. I handload all my rifle ammo: 223, 22-250, 7mm RM, 308, 30-06 & 300 WM. I finally got my CO hunting license this year so I need to learn how to hunt in the prairie lands (east of the Rockies); the terrain is so different from CA.
Thanks for joining, have a ball in retirement!