Grand Junction Co

mfox497

Any one in the Grand Junction, Co area? I am moving there in August and would like to know about the local activities, hunting areas and long range shooting areas. I will be out of the army in a few months and moving the family there. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I live in Denver but go to GJ several times a summer. the whitewater rafting just southwest of there is fun. The golfing is good. The shooting should be wide open and tons of chances for long long long range. I haven't checked out stuff quite that far west but Rifle is just an hour or so away and the hunting is great N and S of there.

MFOX welcome to the state. As far as the outdoors, hunting , fishing, shooting. Any direction you turn just about. Not from there (Colorado Springs). You will enjoy it.

Thanks guys. I have been doing more research and it seems like there are a lot of shooting areas around there. It should be a lot of fun.

I have lived here my whole life and it is a wonderful area. There are lots of places to get out and shoot long range. Any direction you go is great hunting, fishing, camping, shooting, and 4 wheeling. :D

Thanks 7mm. Maybe we could meet up some time when I get out there and you could show me around. I would love to find a shooting partner out there as my partner now is moving to Colorado Springs and that is a bit of a drive.

Hey Fox!

I was born and raised in Colorado. My dad had a large ranch in the Delta area until the mid 50s. Back in 1979 I was exiled to the northwest for life, it seems. My daughter made it back to Denver a few years ago but two of my boys and I live up here in the Puget Sound area.

You will love that Grand Junction area since you're an outdoorsman. Grand Mesa has some of the best fly fishing in the world, mule deer are available if you look but it is possible to be skunked even in Colorful Colorado and if you'll PM me I may be able to put you onto a prairie dog field - if it's still there! (been a decade since I shot it...)

Welcome to Colorado
The Hock

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.