Got my EMT License

Digging through the old threads here as I am new and found this post. Something near and dear to my heart!

For me an EMT class led to a paramedic class. That led to a job working and living overseas and my first exposure to critical care medicine. Critical care knowledge came back across the pond with me to a fire dept. While a FF/Medic, it all was tied together and then I launched into flight medicine. That was the pinnacle of my career as I went from being a big fish in a small pond to being a, well you get the pic... (Funny how twenty years can be compressed into a paragraph)

As has already been mentioned, be careful as it becomes addictive! Yet that addiction is incredibly rewarding! Just remember too take care of yourself along the way. It is hard on the body and sometimes the mind. It is ok to ask for help. Gone are the days where we should be "islands unto ourselves".

Congrats!

Digging through the old threads here as I am new and found this post. Something near and dear to my heart!

For me an EMT class led to a paramedic class. That led to a job working and living overseas and my first exposure to critical care medicine. Critical care knowledge came back across the pond with me to a fire dept. While a FF/Medic, it all was tied together and then I launched into flight medicine. That was the pinnacle of my career as I went from being a big fish in a small pond to being a, well you get the pic... (Funny how twenty years can be compressed into a paragraph)

As has already been mentioned, be careful as it becomes addictive! Yet that addiction is incredibly rewarding! Just remember too take care of yourself along the way. It is hard on the body and sometimes the mind. It is ok to ask for help. Gone are the days where we should be "islands unto ourselves".

Congrats!

Thanks,

I have been enjoying it. seen some neat things, the human body never ceases to amaze me. I look forward to many more years of it. I start my EMT I course in January. That will probably be as high as I go because becoming a Paramedic in wyoming is pretty tough if you dont live where the classes are and want to do it part time like I do. But thats ok, I enjoy it a lot

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts