• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Good Price or Not? New in the Box Remington 700 Sendero

The smith ingelsj is referring to builds a lot of winning 600/1000 yard bench rest guns in the Missouri and kansas area. So $1300-1500 for a semi custom build is a option .

can purchase a new in the sendero 7mm or 300win or 300ultramag in Williston ND for 1250.00 today. the first gen senderos back in 97 or 98 could be had in same for 600.oo to 700.00 personally 1300.00 is to high.

yeah, i think im going to wait...ideas to what other guns i should consider? looking for something i can Deer hunt the open desert with, something i can modify over time (trigger ect). want to be able to reach out to around 700 if i had to....these dang deer down here can see for miles. I've got my Elk gun, so even if its a bit heavier thats ok. My budget is between 1k-1500.

Look into
The 700 long range. Varmint contour barrel and Bell and Carlson M40 stock for around the 700 mark I think. I've had good luck with the factory varmint barrels so I'd expect this to be minute of deer with practice. 30-06 the fast 30s and I think a 7 mag. Check it out!

yeah, i think im going to wait...ideas to what other guns i should consider? looking for something i can Deer hunt the open desert with, something i can modify over time (trigger ect). want to be able to reach out to around 700 if i had to....these dang deer down here can see for miles. I've got my Elk gun, so even if its a bit heavier thats ok. My budget is between 1k-1500.

For what it's worth, I'd almost always recommend buying what you want right out of the gate instead of modifying over time. The exceptions would be not really knowing what you want (and getting something as a starting point) or the enjoyment of tinkering/modifying. Otherwise, you're throwing good money after bad buying stuff you don't want just to change it out and sell for peanuts down the road.

I'd also give strong consideration to buying someone else's previously loved custom gun if you want to maximize your dollars. The budget you mentioned should provide for some good options. Hope that helps a bit.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f25/280-ai-sale-140022/

Like this, for example. The particular rifle is a touch outside your budget (and I have zero affiliation with the rifle or seller), so it might not be the right one for you. I'm just showing how you can get an excellent rifle and save some coin in the process. The .280 AI will also punch the lights out of any deer walking the planet at 700 yards while keeping you out of magnum territory.