• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Good Price or Not? New in the Box Remington 700 Sendero

Guys i am new to long range shooting and products. After HRS of reading and gathering info it sounds like a Sendero is going to be within my budget and what i am looking to accomplish. My question is, is a Rem 700 Sendero SF, Stainless, 26" flutted barrel 300 win mag 1st Gen rifle worth $1300? keep in mind this is a 1st gen w/ zero rounds through it. I am having a hard time determining the market value. Or for the money is there something else i should be considering? I'm looking for a rifle that is capable of shooting greater distances and a bit lighter for hunting Mule Deer in the wide open desert!!

Thanks
Doug

That is high for that year model Sendero. BUT.....in my opinion, that is a whole lot better firearm and QC than today's Remingtons. Guns, muscle cars, and land are about the only thing left that gain in value over time. So the price of inflation must be taken in consideration. Dang good weapon in a fine caliber there.....but definitely not a "bit lighter".

That is high for that year model Sendero. BUT.....in my opinion, that is a whole lot better firearm and QC than today's Remingtons. Guns, muscle cars, and land are about the only thing left that gain in value over time. So the price of inflation must be taken in consideration. Dang good weapon in a fine caliber there.....but definitely not a "bit lighter".
In your opinion what is the gun worth?

I think it is overpriced! And when you go to check it out see if it has a x-mark trigger. IMHO I think the are junk and should be replaced (they have a safety recall On them as another zinger)

Now, you know what people say about opinions.....

I have had, and still have,several first generation Sendero's (and VSSF's which are the short action version). I love(d) each and every one of them with exception to the one I have with the J-lock. I still love that rifle, but hate the J-lock addition to the bolt......I just never have changed it out. I sold two of them back several years ago.....one 300WM and one 7STW. I sold both of them in the $600-$650 range if I recall correctly, but that was when they were selling new for less than $900. I kick myself constantly for ever selling them regardless of price. Since the SenderoII came out and had a MSRP of over $1K you see several of them bringing about $800 for the most part. But, those are used and not unfired like what you have available.

In my opinion, it's high. You could have a custom rifle built for around that.

I'm having a 280AI built - remington 700 action, krieger barrel (fluted), HS stock, and smith work - all said and done I'll have around $1550. If I would not have got the flutes it would have been $1400.

my 2 cents.
the rifle is worth what you have to pay.period.
i love the senderos and have 4 gen 1's
they are solid and workable to everything from hunting to target and you really dont find a beeter weld feel anywhere. Look at it this way. spend 1300 bucks and you will have the rifle 20 years the cost of ownership will be around 65 dollars a year dollar cost averaged over the term. like a free gun.
BTW:
1300 for a custom rifle?????? i wouldnt want a custom rifle that was made by some clown with a kit gun off the shelf. A CUSTOM RIFLE THAT JUST MEETS EXPECTATIONS FOR QUALITY AND DESIGN TO SPEC IS GOING TO RUN YOU A MINIMUM OF 2500 AND THAT IS WITH NO BELLS AND WHISTLES OR ANYTHING FUN>
i live by this rule, if it helps you put things in perspective by all means adopt it.
never get upset by things that can be solved with money, as long as God lets you wake up you can make more money.
if you are one of those cheap people that frets over every nickle and has to get the best deal always............then by all means go do more reasearch ,askanother hundred thousand questions and try to get the gun for 3 dollars less.
peace out

Just to throw in my opinion.

If you're buying thr rifle to resale??? Then yes it's a little too high, but if you're buying to keep and use? Then it's worth whatever you're willing to pay for it. Reguardless what anyone else thinks. If it's what you want and you can afford, then you should buy it. It's worth more to the person that wants it the most!!!!!

Travel hunter that's a bit strong don't ya think? Just because someone puts together a rifle for less than 4000 doesn't make the smith a clown. If the rifle does what the buyer wants for 1500 then as far as I'm concerned he a lucky.

It was only my opinion
Strong positions are fine with me as long as you force force them on anyone else
Sorry if i hurt anyones feelings

High priced. I have bought them in excellent shape with a good brake job and upgraded trigger for less.. Sounds to me like about $900