Good morning, New member

bcworkman1983

Good morning everyone,
My name is Brandon Workman and I hail from Memphis Tn. I just wanted to introduce myself and say a bit about myself. I am 39, my passions in life is hunting whitetails, and shooting long range. I am a manual transmission man by day, and a welder fabricator by night. I make knives on occasion and I like hot rods and other fast cars. All that aside though, shooting long distances, esp. in a hunting setting, is my favorite thing to do. My main hunting partner is my Pops, and we usually take a trip out west for various game. This is when I get to practice my "real world" long range skills. I am an infantile reloader, but I hope to take my shooting skills, and my reloading abilities to the next level. IF there is anyone in the Shelby County area that feels like mentoring a novice reloader I would love the help. For S&Gs here is a picture of my most recent hunting trip. We were in south Texas, the Chihuahua desert, I shot this Aoudad ram, 360 yards with a full value wind, 8-12mph. One shot crumbled'em up, I know 360 yards isn't that far, but it was a killer shot man!! I was shooting a 300PRC from Alamo Precision, hand loaded 200gr ELDX @ 2930fps

I also have a custom Rem700 243 AI, and I want to start working up a load production on this one soon. My goals as a shooter are to have a better understanding of reloading and to start shooting NRL or PRS matches, to become a better shooter.

Lastly, I really enjoy shooting Pellet guns, and shooting rats at the family farm. The only thing more fun than shooting rats at night with a pellet gun is shooting house cats...

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello, and I hope to learn a lot here.

Thanks,
Brandon

Attachments

• unnamed.png
    unnamed.png
    341.6 KB · Views: 58
Welcome from a couple hundred miles south. Prepare to learn things. Much knowledge available here. I thought I was an accomplished hand loader/ long ranger shooter when I joined. And after increasing my knowledge and understanding 10fold, I've just made to infantile!
Lots of folks here are eager to help. I come through Memphis somewhat regularly. If I can help, don't hesitate to ask.

One other thing. We joke a lot here also. Laughter…. The best medicine.