Good Day at The Range

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
We to the Range today and met up with a fellow Marine. Did some Maintenace work and then decided to break out the .260 with 142 SMKs.
Temp was in the low 60s and the wind was blowing 0 to 10 degrees 3-5 mph. Didn't have to make any windage turret adjustments. Had a spotter and then just used the reticle. Started at the 300, 40, 500, 600, 700, 800, and 966 yrds. Shot off of a Harris BiPod on the front and my left hand under the rear butt. I have done many trigger jobs on Pistols and Rifles. Have installed a Jewel trigger in this .260 and set a very low (several Onces) pull. It is very "Crisp" and no travel. Have it set to where I say "The Trigger Fires Itself". When I am looking at the target and the cross hairs go to the point of where the bullet should hit - the rifle fires!
TOO EASY! Another day may have different results.
Hit all the plates, BUT did not do any groups. Was just happy to hear the "Ring of Steel" Shot a dozen or more cartridges and then packed up.
Left the range on a good note and got some work done.
Have the load data dialed in so now we have about 500 .260 cases that need to be prepared and loaded for another day!

Sounds like a fantastic day and great shooting! Still waiting on a decent day here. 67 degrees with south winds to 40+ just 8 hours ago. Now it's 30 degrees with a 40+ wind out of the north and the ground is white.

We to the Range today and met up with a fellow Marine. Did some Maintenace work and then decided to break out the .260 with 142 SMKs.
Temp was in the low 60s and the wind was blowing 0 to 10 degrees 3-5 mph. Didn't have to make any windage turret adjustments. Had a spotter and then just used the reticle. Started at the 300, 40, 500, 600, 700, 800, and 966 yrds. Shot off of a Harris BiPod on the front and my left hand under the rear butt. I have done many trigger jobs on Pistols and Rifles. Have installed a Jewel trigger in this .260 and set a very low (several Onces) pull. It is very "Crisp" and no travel. Have it set to where I say "The Trigger Fires Itself". When I am looking at the target and the cross hairs go to the point of where the bullet should hit - the rifle fires!
TOO EASY! Another day may have different results.
Hit all the plates, BUT did not do any groups. Was just happy to hear the "Ring of Steel" Shot a dozen or more cartridges and then packed up.
Left the range on a good note and got some work done.
Have the load data dialed in so now we have about 500 .260 cases that need to be prepared and loaded for another day!
Nothing like the fresh smell of gunpowder floating in the crisp spring air! MERICA🇺🇸