• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED garland gilbreath custom 338 ultra reduced

cowboy85

338 RUM smithed by Garland Gilbreath of triple G gunsmith. Stiller TAC 300 action, jewell trigger, seekins detachable bottom metal with 2 5 round mags, rock creek 28" fluted barrel 1-9.25 twist with timed muzlebrake, Mcmillan adjustable stock. set up for 300 gn best group 1 inch @ 300 yards. I have dies a 2die set and a neck sizer die, around 40 loaded rounds, and 60 brass, 300-400 300 gr projectiles varius brands, scope and rings not included in sale
$2900

weighs around 15lbs on my cheap bathroom scales

Not really looking for trades, selling to fund my new tricycle motor...

010.jpg

009.jpg

What is the mag length? Can you run Berger 300s to the lands and still fit magazine? Which bullets shot best? What has been typical group size? Sorry if you already answered these questions and I missed it. Thanks

seekins advertised a 3.9" mag length, I need to measure when I get home tonight to verify the accuracy of that. I haven't loaded any bergers yet, I sighted in @100 with the sierras it was around an inch 3 shot, went to 300 with lapua scenars and they grouped about an inch 3 shot @300 so I have been shooting them. I havent been back to the bench to try any other loads. Garland set the chamber with the sierras and cut it where it can be set back and still fit in the mag, I loaded 10-15 thousandths off the lands and the rounds fit in the mag with room to spare, this being said I cant say how much different the bergers are, but can load one if need be.

Thanks
Matt

Actual mag length is 3.940, I am running seirras at 3.775 from tip to base using my cheap dial calipers and thats about 10-15 thou off the lands

Your right, someone does need this! That someone also needs the extra cash lying around to buy it. Sweet rifle, I wish I could help you find it a new home.... Do you take plastic :D

I can take plastic thru discreet paypal as long you either cover the fee or use the gift option.

Matt