• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Gap/surgeon barreled by rbros 6mm creedmoor

longrangehunterII

This was first put together by George Gardner himself at GA Precision as a 260 Remington that I had Travis at RBros Rifles put one on his barrels on last year in March 2018 and chamber it to 6mm Creedmoor. **** Does Not include the scope, or the Harris bi-pod in the picture!! ****

McMillan A1-3 Stock: This stock was designed in response to a federal agency that requested certain modifications to the M40A1 sniper stock. The A1-3 features a wider forend similar to the A-3 tactical stock. The comb has been raised to the maximum height practical and the 2" wide forend allows for mounting a broad range of optical options, such as night vision equipment. The stock has stippling on the pistol grip with a smooth surface on the forend. It has 2 flush mount swivel cups on the left hand side, and 1 front swivel stud. Decelerator recoil pad, molded in camo finish. Looks brand new too.

Surgeon 591 S/A repeater action: .07" Large rifle firing pin, Remington style extractor, tactical bolt knob. All 591 actions are designed with an integral .250″ recoil lug and 20 MOA 1913 MIL-STD picatinny rail that runs the full length of the action. A side-mounted, shrouded, bolt-stop is integrated to help prevent accidental releasing of the bolt. In the middle of the left bolt raceway is an anti-jam rail. This rail is designed to prevent a round from lodging in the raceway when single-loading the rifle through the ejection/loading port. The raceway on the right-hand side has an anti-bind rail just below the ejection/loading port. The purpose of this rail is to insure smooth bolt operation as the locking lug passes through the loading port.

Remington Custom Shop Precision Rifle Trigger tuned to 2.5 lbs. by GAP.

Barreled and coated action by RBos Rifes March of 2018 in 6mm Creedmoor.
26" Broughton 5C rifle barrel, M24 contour 1:7.3 twist, threaded 5/8"x24.
Area 419 HELLFIRE self timing muzzle brake.

The only marks on the barreled action is brass rash right behind the bolt below the serial number listed on the action. No other marks are on the barrel, or the stock that can be seen by the naked eye. I'll be happy to post a close of of the brass rash if someone is interested in seeing what is almost not visible to the eye!

I have 803 rounds down the barrel since it was installed by Travis @ RBros Rifles to date. 02/17/2019

$2,650.00 Shipped and Insured to a FFL Dealer in a hard case, and boxed. 5 round, and 10AI round magazines included. Anyone local can pick it up, and save $150.00 off, and I'll even pay for the transfer fee!

I'm including with this all the Hornady 6mm Creedmoor brass fired in the gun, and the loaded ammo I have on hand I made. I used almost exclusively David Tubb's 115 gr. DTAC RBT's through this gun BTW, although I did test 20 Sierra 107 SMK's, and 1 box of Factory Hornady Match Ammo to brake in the bbl.

80 rounds loaded ammo w/the 115 DTAC RBT in new Hornady Brass
216 3x Hornady Brass
50 2x Hornady Brass
60 1x Hornady Brass

Any questions please ask. This gun is silly accurate it's almost crazy to think I'm selling it, that's a .123" three shot group off a bi-pod @ 100 yards in that picture, and has put rounds out to 1,300 yards for me like it's nothing!! I'm going back to shooting Military Tactical 308/7.62 NATO class this year, so someone will surely love this as much as I have too.
P1050474.JPG
P1050503.JPG

Last edited:
I'll include (1) 10 round AI magazine along with the std. 5 round mag in the sale. That's worth another $89.00 in the deal.
P1050518.JPG
Here's a photo of the barrel with the work done By Travis @ RBros Rifles.

Last edited:
I'll include the 162 115 gr. DTAC's I have left on hand too. Which brings the total # of rounds fired through this barrel right at 803 not 808! I did have 5 rounds in a magazine left, and I didn't accounted for them in doing the math after looking at my reloading log book, and the Factory Box I broke the barrel in with.

With the load data I have using these bullets anyone can load up ammo and go shoot! Tubb sells these for a great price too at $148.00 per 500...... That's .30 cents each, which is pretty cheap for bullets this size.

That's $48.60 in bullets I'll throw in if someone is interested in having them.

Last edited:
How many rounds have been run through the action total if the second barrel has 800 rounds through it? Where the 800 range fired or was it run hot in matches?

Thanks!

How many rounds have been run through the action total if the second barrel has 800 rounds through it? Where the 800 range fired or was it run hot in matches?

Thanks!
I have 1,544 rounds recorded that I made when it was a 260 Remington. Not sure if I sold any loaded ammo when I sold the brass last year but that is the total number of rounds I made prior to changing the barrel.

Almost all PRS/NRL matches are either 10-12 rounds if you can get off all the rounds before the clock runs out on you....... That wasn't the case for me most of the time, I rarely beat the clock BTW!

The 260 and the 6 CM were both are straight taper barrels, MTU, and a M24/M40, both are roughly .9100" at the muzzle! These are not skinny barrels that get hot to the touch at a PRS match. The down time while reloading, walking to the next stage and waiting in long line to shoot the next stage....... the barrel has never been too hot to touch!!

I have never burned through even 12 rounds at a single stage if that answers your question? Which in my opinion during the 4-5 minutes at a stage is nothing, I take great care of my equipment and have never abused my stuff 'cause it's too expensive!

Most people can burn up way more ammo at a range because at a Match you either shoot the stage clean, or not use all 8-12 round in five minutes, and then you're done for at least another 1/2 hour or more waiting to shoot the next stage! Not many people are forced to wait to shoot, and only for 8-12 rounds at a rifle range every half hour more then likely doesn't happen in most cases. A PRS Event can take 6-8 hours in a day, that's roughly 12.5-16.5 rounds per hour with 100 rounds depending on the length of time?

I've watched guys at a shooting range go through 20 round in the length of time it takes a shooter to run a stage...... So to answer your question it's in reverse!

Last edited:
Here's a few pics showing the fit ad finish, and condition of the barreled action. I have also included a receipt from Tubb and the DTAC's I bought showing my name on it and the date. The purpose of this is to avoid scammers from using my photos!

Which I personally had happen to me back in 2015.
P1050520.JPG
P1050521.JPG

It'll cost me $150.00 to ship and insure, plus buy a new hard case. Since I'm including 320 pieces of brass, bullets, and 80 rounds of loaded ammo....... $2,750.00 seems like a good deal considering new this rifle would be well over 1K or more then what I'm asking for it.

Not getting why someone won't love to own this rifle since it shoots dime size groupsand can nail anything out to 1,200 yards with ease......
P1050554.JPG
The 6 Creedmoor shoots almost as flat as a 338 LM, 300 NM, or any high BC round.... just without all the recoil! Try less the 10 lbs of recoil vs. 30+ lbs for free recoil depending on the weight of the gun.

Here's a pic of the brass, and ammo I'm including with the rifle.

Let's try $2,650.00 Shipped and insured.

WOW... that's an awesome rig. In a caliber I'm looking for. But a little out of my range unfortunately.

WOW... that's an awesome rig. In a caliber I'm looking for. But a little out of my range unfortunately.
Hey I get it, the sum of the parts are expensive:
Surgeon action $1,295.00
McMillan stock $795.00
Barrel, chamber work, threaded, coated and bedding job 1,000.00
Trigger custom worked by GA Precision $200.00
HellFire brake $180.00
A 5 and 10 round AI magazine $160.00

The new and used brass, ammo, bullets are basically thrown in for free. It's the rifle parts that are high dollar items and where put together by two of the best gunsmiths in PRS long range shooting.

Make me an offer, if it's reasonable I certainly take it into consideration?

Recent Posts