Gaining accuracy with factory synthetic stock

Elite Muzzleloader

I've been doing allot of research and really haven't found what I'm looking for. I've read allot of things talking about pillar bedding and glass bedding wood stocks. However not allot for synthetic stocks. What improvements can be made with synthetics to gain accuracy? What will make the biggest improvement?

What improvements can be made with synthetics to gain accuracy? What will make the biggest improvement?

Switching to a different stock.
Seriously.

Synthetic stocks are flexible and really don't allow epoxy to adhere to them that well. To spend time bedding them or adding pillars is akin to putting a lipstick on a pig - you still have a pig.

Now, having said that some rifles shoot exceptionally well in synthetic stocks. I have a couple that do, so there is no need to change them. However, some are horrid and the only way to improve the rifle is to change stocks.

If you're talking about a stock such as a B&C or McMillan and lumping it into the synthetic category then that's not fair. They benefit from pillars and/or bedding too.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.