Gafari Pack? Spelling??

Propdoc03

I am looking for a pack and I am not exactly sure how to pronounce or spell it. I had a friend tell me about it, I thought he said it was a gafau, my wife thought he said cafari??

As Dr. Evil said, I need more info., at least should have gotten more info. :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!,
Thanks
PD

XLNT, thanks Paul. That looks to be the one.
I had looked at the Eberlstock pack for last years hunt. My gut feel is that the Eberlstock still is my number one choice. Any pros/cons between the two? I am looking for something to use for a pack hunt so I will have a good load going in, and hopefully a heavier load coming out.

Thanks for any help!,
PD

Both are excellent hunting packs. Both will hold more meat than most mens' knees can handle. The Kifaru is WAY more expensive.

Both are excellent hunting packs. Both will hold more meat than most mens' knees can handle. The Kifaru is WAY more expensive.

Paul

I agree, it seems that he was refering to Kifaru packs. I had both a Longhunter Rendevous and a much pimped out Siwash and did not like the LHR after three trips here in BC. I do like the Siwash, but, I cannot carry the weight on it that some claim to have done.

I have owned/used a whack of packs and for many years, my favourite is the Mystery Ranch NICE series from Dana Gleason of Bozeman, MT. I can carry more weight, longer and with less discomfort with these than any others I have ever used.

The "downside" to them is that they are heavy and very expensive, so, one wants to think about your real needs before purchase. I have two of these, a 6500 combo and a CrewCab, completely rigged and three of their other packs and am totally satisfied; this is the first time in my backpacking life of over 50 years, that I can say this.

So, these are another option, IMHO.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.