• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Full Custom 505 Gibbs Safari Rifle

Biebs

This is one of a series of rifles I had made by Mike Cuypers of Bijou Creek Customs. It is built on an MRC 1999 PH 505 action, a stock blank from Singlershotguy,NECG express sights, quarter rib, barrel band, steel grip cap, NECG red recoil pad, Rosewood forend tip, dual crossbolts, and other goodies. After 16 safaris to Africa, I'm going to reduce the number of big-bore rifles I have.

The LOP on the rifle is 13 1/2", barrel is 23 1/2". and bare rifle weight is 9.4 lbs, so about a proper 11 lbs when scoped and loaded.

This rifle has never been fired. I do have an accumulation of ammunition and components...new CH4D dies and shellholder, 76 loaded rounds, 40-some brass cases, and a partial box of Northfork 600gr solids. I can work these into a deal with the buyer of the rifle, or will sell them separately if he doesn't need them.

$4,250 shipped.

Sully, it's about $2,500 under build cost. Most gunsmiths get over $4K to do a stock.

Hey Biebs are the same guy I saw on You-Tube a few days ago hunting in Africa with a 505 and a 26 lbs 4 bore double rifle with 2000 grn bullets hunting cape buffalo if you are that was a great show and some nice rifles.

Last edited:
No, not me, but I do know the guy who had the 4 Bore double rifle built. Ken Owen made it, and my friend took it over to hunt Cape Buffalo. I've hunted Africa 16 times...nothing like it. But I've got more big-bore rifles than I can use...figured I'd thin the ranks a bit.

Oh OK I see. I think the guy I saw on the video name was Tom and the video was filmed by Dr. Lindsey If I recall correctly. Any way you have a very nice rifle for sale and good luck on your sale it is well worth the asking price.
Loren

Yes, his 4 Bore was called the Mastadon. It had something like 800 hours-worth of engraving on it....dinosaurs of all types. Tom lives in Louisiana, but no longer owns the rifle. I've seen it pass 2-3 sales since he sold it.

Last edited:
Yes, his 4 Bore was called the Mastadon. It had something like 800 hours-worth of engraving on it....dinosaurs of all types. Tom lives in Louisiana, but no longer owns the rifle. I've seen it pass 2-3 sales since he sold it.

Last edited: