• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED FS Savage 110 Long Action Stagger Feed- First Year of Production

Status
Not open for further replies.

bapayton

Thinning the herd some more.

This is a REALLY interesting Savage. It was made in 1958 (that's right, first year of production) with the original style (similar to Remington 700) bolt head. Savage was sued by Remington and they had to change the design. I converted it to a regular bolt head using a brand new Stevens 200 bolt. It works perfectly as all the dimensions are the same. I have trued the receiver face using the mandrel method dialed into under .0005". I have also trued the bolt face and installed a lighter trigger spring. It is a two screw trigger and has a flat back. The finish it good, it's more of a blue-gray as opposed to a traditional blue. I'm confident it's the original finish, it's just different than what is used now.

It will come with a stainless barrel nut (also trued on an expanding mandrel) and a lapped Remington style recoil lug.

Full size photos on request.

Price is $300 plus shipping & insurance. Paypal gift, Cashiers Check, Money Order

Also posted on other forums.

Thanks for looking, BP

Attachments

• DSCN3396b.jpg
    DSCN3396b.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCN3398b.jpg
    DSCN3398b.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCN3400b.jpg
    DSCN3400b.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 7