From Nebraska

Onondaga

Greetings all,

I am brand new to LRH and I think this is a great site, tons of valuable info on here and a wealth of expertise from the members. It is great that folks are willing to take time to spread their knowledge and help other shooters out.

I am from Nebraska and just getting in to long range shooting. I am a military marksman (M-4, M-9, 249, 240b) but have not done much over 300 yards. I recently purchased a Savage 100 FCP .338 Lapua and just got a Sightron SIII 6-24X50 for it but do not have rings yet so have not mounted it or fired it yet. I know, I know... I have read enough forums to know that I am going to get the ".338 LM is not a starter gun" lecture but I wanted something I could have for years and I would not likely out grow. I am a hunter as well but no way is this .338 Lapua going to be a deer gun, I usually shoot black powder for deer. I wanted something for recreational long range target shooting mostly.

I look forward to interacting with you all on here.

-Drew

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.