From custom to stock. Back to Basics

tommyc279

This past year I have been shooting and competing with a Custom 6.5 Creedmoor. The gun consisted of a Pierce short action repeated, Krieger barrel, Jewell trigger, A.I> chassis and Nightforce optics. This setup with all the bells and whistles cost a small fortune. I think we are throwing to much money at this long range dream. I recently started a build that I am hoping to compete and shooting long range for under 2000 dollars. I am starting with a Savage LRP in 6.5 Creedmoor and the scope I went with was a Trijicon Accupoint 5-20 with 20 moa rail. I will also be using factory ammo (Hornady 140 A-max). The more shoots I go to it seems like the devices and rifles are doing all the work for us. Lets see what can happen with a lot of shooting and keeping things simple. Just wondering what some of the thoughts are about my little project. I sure at the sniper shoots I will draw a couple double takes.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.