• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Free to new member! 280 Forster BR dies if???

Hey brother since there ain't no really new members interested if u can use them u can have them! But u still have to get my question right from initial post!

Let me go out on a limb and guess the 6.5CM. :D. I'm on the fence about it. I have one and actually thinking of selling it. It shoots great and has the long range capabilities. I would go up in caliber to my 270Wby or 28 Nosler for longer range bigger game. The 6.5 would be fine on antelope or smaller deer I'm sure (and very possibly the larger elk and moose). But I'd pack a little more oomph and heavier bullets for any longer range hunting. Again..just my opinion.

I have 3 - 26 caliber rifles...the CM, .260 and a 6.5-284. I've been thinking of selling the CM and I'd be perfectly happy with my 260 and 6.5-284.

Q
Let me go out on a limb and guess the 6.5CM. :D. I'm on the fence about it. I have one and actually thinking of selling it. It shoots great and has the long range capabilities. I would go up in caliber to my 270Wby or 28 Nosler for longer range bigger game. The 6.5 would be fine on antelope or smaller deer I'm sure (and very possibly the larger elk and moose). But I'd pack a little more oomph and heavier bullets for any longer range hunting. Again..just my opinion.

I have 3 - 26 caliber rifles...the CM, .260 and a 6.5-284. I've been thinking of selling the CM and I'd be perfectly happy with my 260 and 6.5-284.
i am happy with 260 also lol but u answered good enough for me, u mentioned 6.5 creed!!! Shoot me your addy!

Remmy, how awful of you to treat new members and shooters the way you do..... such utter disdain!!! (Referencing another thread here):D:D

I am actually looking for a set of Forstner .280 dies. Sold out on sites.
I say the 6.5 Creed is a well debated cartridge here.
My opinion? A faddish round with a little to offer over conventional 6mm, 6.4 and 7mm cartridges already tried and true. Not the holy grail as presented by some, IMO.

So got a set of 280 Forster BR dies which I have no use for. Free to a new member if u can answer one question! What is the most popular but most debated caliber on this forum? But, what do U think about it?
6.5 Creedmoor. It's a good cartridge, very accurate in inexpensive guns, But overrated. We already have a lot of good at it cartridges in that class that can do the same thing or better.