For your enjoyment...PA BULLS !!

Frank in the Laurels

More PA velvet Bulls to stir your blood, like if you need it.
FB_IMG_1657935243968.jpg
FB_IMG_1658182234705.jpg
FB_IMG_1658182263287.jpg
FB_IMG_1658231252498.jpg
FB_IMG_1658916778065.jpg
FB_IMG_1659385240783.jpg
FB_IMG_1658575014977.jpg
FB_IMG_1658182234705.jpg
FB_IMG_1659385240783.jpg
Hopefully everyone will draw a tag in your state to chase these magnificent animals, enjoy !

Man it looks like they grow them good in PA! I had no clue you guys had elk. What part of the state? I have family in the Dover/York area (close to Lancaster). What kind of opportunity do you guys have to hunt them?
Extremely limited, about 50 bull tags per year spread out over 14 units..all in the north central part of the state..application deadline has passed and the big drawing day is a couple of weeks away....everyone can laugh but I believe the new world record is already walking around here...

Extremely limited, about 50 bull tags per year spread out over 14 units..all in the north central part of the state..application deadline has passed and the big drawing day is a couple of weeks away....everyone can laugh but I believe the new world record is already walking around here...
Well it looks like they have plenty of feed there! Couple mild winters and I bet there could be some absolute giants taken out there. How long have the elk been there? Were they transplanted?

Well it looks like they have plenty of feed there! Couple mild winters and I bet there could be some absolute giants taken out there. How long have the elk been there? Were they transplanted?
..at least a hundred years, but interest and money have really been flowing over the last 25 years...lots of nutrients, water and feed year round..

Yup had no clue they were there! 😄
Hopefully they take off big time with the extra interest and money!
Last time I was in PA I took my wife over to Lancaster County to show her the Amish communities. We drove down this back road and I saw the biggest whitetail buck I've ever seen. It was in someone's backyard behind a chain link fence. There were a couple really nice bucks back there but one was an absolute giant. I almost ran the car into a ditch looking at the buck. My wife was not happy.

Yup had no clue they were there! 😄
Hopefully they take off big time with the extra interest and money!
Last time I was in PA I took my wife over to Lancaster County to show her the Amish communities. We drove down this back road and I saw the biggest whitetail buck I've ever seen. It was in someone's backyard behind a chain link fence. There were a couple really nice bucks back there but one was an absolute giant. I almost ran the car into a ditch looking at the buck. My wife was not happy.
Not have the elk spread out but so have the Amish, both immigrant from other states as well as our own...lol, they are everywhere these days..

Well we do now hold the No.6 spot so it is definitely possible as 478 isn't that far off of the 455 that is the current state record.

I put in an application for the first time this year, odds are long but you can't win if you don't try.

Well we do now hold the No.6 spot so it is definitely possible as 478 isn't that far off of the 455 that is the current state record.

I put in an application for the first time this year, odds are long but you can't win if you don't try.
received_355159975792043.jpeg

This is his rack and skull...I actually picked it up and I believe the guides said it weighed 85 pounds..it's actually the 4th largest ever harvested by a hunter plus the two that were pickups. I saw him many times and there was no doubt about how magnificent he really is and I know there are Bull's walking around that are bigger, hopefully some lucky hunter will show us, might as well be me..lol