For those with the Lyman E-Z Trim

codyadams

I have found this kit works very well, it's cheap, and really fast. But when I needed to trim my .260 A.I. brass, I figured I would just buy a .260 pilot, but turns out they don't make one for .260....They have one for 303 British...but not a .260. Go figure. So I thought I was stuck trimming on my manual rcbs trimmer. But then saw they made one for 6.5 creedmoore....and so I bought it and did what you see in the picture. I trimmed slowly by hand till I got my brass to the trim to length by leaving the pilot loose in the trimmer, then snugged it down at the correct length. Still plenty of the pilot in the neck of the case, and trims just like it was made for a .260, very consistent and evenly.

I have not tried it with other calibers, but I'm sure it could apply elsewhere. Perhaps the 6.5x284 with the 6.5x55 pilot? I don't know. Just thought I would share my solution in case someone else has this issue.

Attachments

• 20161127_174950.jpg
    20161127_174950.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 145
Amazing! I just tried that for my 270 brass last night. For some reason it wouldn't hold. So I searched and found a washer that was close and fit the shaft extension. It happened that the closest was a tiny shake-proof type and I had to turn it down. I fit it on my Dremel, ran it, and used a file to take it down to size. Worked great. Now instead of trimming to 2.518 I'm trimming where I wanted, 2.532. I just wish they made the right sized washers...:D

Attachments

• Adding trim length.jpg
    Adding trim length.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 173
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.