• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED For Sale Remington 700 la 300wby barreled action

backwoods83

I have an 80s Rem 700 LA, trued (threads, lugs, lug recesses, face) .200" lug, factory bolt with Gre-tan chromoly tipped aluminum firing pin and speed lock spring, also has a sako extractor installed. Has a Rifle Basix ERV 3 trigger with top safety and bottom bolt release. 0 moa picattany base. 31" custom contour (1.280" for 5" then straight taper to 1", its a Hawk Hill Custom cut rifled barrel with a custom brake. Its chambered in 300wby match .346" freebore, has exactly 98 rounds fired through it. It will shoot 230 hybrids at just under 3200fps with RL33 and <.2"@100yrds. This is a barreled action only with a scorehigh follower. Will sell with 50pcs of once fired old school Weatherby brass, the 80s stuff that was labeled as 300 magnum. Looking for 1100.00 shipped to ffl, parts alone cost this much but I need the money more right now. Thanks for looking. PM for pics.

I will sell the above barreled action with a Sightron SIII tactical 6-24×50 with the Lr -2moa reticle and 6 hole Weaver tactical rings for 1750.00 shipped to your ffl. All you would need is a stock.

I am just curious about the load data. I am in the process of putting a 30" barrel on my 300 weatherby I would like to be around the same speed thanks. Anthony

Weatherby (Norma brass), .060" jump, 91.5-92grns of RL33, Fed215 primers. Start at 88grns, you can use 215Ms but IME standard 215s make a cleaner burn.

Thanks for the info. I will be using a bore rider throat or "+p" version. Can you tell me what your coal was and with that much powder was it a compress load. Thanks again

4.072" oal, not compressed, I decided not to use my hybrid throater in this rifle because RL33 would be to slow and you would have to use H1000, Imr7977, Retumbo, or Ramshot Magnum.