For all you 30-06 owners, what bullet are you using?

What's you recipe if you don't mind me asking?
Eric H - Once fired Winchester factory ammo to fire form the brass to my barrel and then case trimmed to 2.488", 56.0 gr IMR 4350, Sierra GameKing 165 gr SBT bullets, Winchester standard large rifle primers, seated bullet .002" off of the lans (which gives me 2.640" measurement to the ogive., and then concentrically aligned with the Hornady concentricity gauge. I have repeatedly shot patterns as shown in the photo from sandbags on a benchrest @200 yards with my OTS Browning 30-06 Hunter A-Bolt. The rounds also perform amazingly well on the game I mentioned previously. This is my hunting rifle. I do not consider myself to be a long-range target shooter - I just like to know that my rifle will put the rounds down range where I am aiming and make the game I am aiming at drop DRT.

Eric H - Once fired Winchester factory ammo to fire form the brass to my barrel and then case trimmed to 2.488", 56.0 gr IMR 4350, Sierra GameKing 165 gr SBT bullets, Winchester standard large rifle primers, seated bullet .002" off of the lans (which gives me 2.640" measurement to the ogive., and then concentrically aligned with the Hornady concentricity gauge. I have repeatedly shot patterns as shown in the photo from sandbags on a benchrest @200 yards with my OTS Browning 30-06 Hunter A-Bolt. The rounds also perform amazingly well on the game I mentioned previously. This is my hunting rifle. I do not consider myself to be a long-range target shooter - I just like to know that my rifle will put the rounds down range where I am aiming and make the game I am aiming at drop DRT.
What twist in your rifle; 10 or 12? I have a pre-80's in a 10 twist. If I can't get it ti shoot will get a 12.

What twist in your rifle; 10 or 12? I have a pre-80's in a 10 twist. If I can't get it ti shoot will get a 12.
My twist is 1:10. Took me a quite a while and a couple dozen different loads and bullets to find the "secret sauce". I did a lot of research on bullets, bullet weights, rifle calibers, barrel twist rates, and barrel lengths and began my quest to find a good hand load with the 165 gr bullets. I tried about 8 different bullets but stayed with the IMR4350 powder. As you know, every rifle barrel is different. I do believe that the 165 gr bullet with the IMR 4350 will be a good start. Good shooting!

My twist is 1:10. Took me a quite a while and a couple dozen different loads and bullets to find the "secret sauce". I did a lot of research on bullets, bullet weights, rifle calibers, barrel twist rates, and barrel lengths and began my quest to find a good hand load with the 165 gr bullets. I tried about 8 different bullets but stayed with the IMR4350 powder. As you know, every rifle barrel is different. I do believe that the 165 gr bullet with the IMR 4350 will be a good start. Good shooting!
Thanks. Got some loaded up now and waiting for the weather to break. If it stays above freezing I'll try it tomorrow. Shouldn't be a lot of people at the range since they mostly fair weather shooters.

Recent Posts