• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Fleetfarm

quigley257

I had to pick up a few items at my local Fleetfarm store. I checked the components section per normal and was pleased to see lots of primers in stock at non-Gunbroker prices. Great selection of bullets including the Federal TAs in stock. Also found three different models of Rocky boots on clearance at "can't pass that up" prices. Scheels also had well stocked shelves of components, primers and powder.

20230630_224454.jpg
20230630_153928.jpg
20230630_153925.jpg
20230630_152542.jpg
20230630_152538.jpg
20230630_152536.jpg

I was in the same camp in the Selous with Henry Mills, founder of Mill's Fleet Farm in 2001. In fact, I was sitting just a few rows behind him on a nearly empty flight in bclass on our flight from Amsterdam to Dar Es Salaam; I thought he was traveling on business. I loved hearing about his story. Many years ago, manufacturers prohibited the sale of their products at less than MSRP, with some exceptions. One of the exceptions was that you could sell wholesale to fleet operators, which at the time was anyone with 6 motorized vehicles. Henry realized farmers fit that bill, and thus was born the concept of Mill's Fleet Farm. Champion Spark Plugs sued them, but they won.

He was a great guy, but now passed away. Sold the company to KKR for a little over a billion. Visited him at his corp office in Appleton a few years after our hunt.

Last edited:

Recent Posts