Ew!!

JimFromTN

So I made an order to stock up on some wine making supplies. I get in after dark last night and there is a package on my front porch. I pick it up and start to walk inside. I feel a bug on my arm. I figure its just some bug that landed on me. I get inside and turn on the light. Its a small roach of some kind. I look at the package and there are a couple on the box that fell on the floor which I squished. I open the box and there are roaches inside which crawl out and start falling on the floor. I immediately pitch the box outside and start stomping the floor like a dancing idiot trying to kill all the little buggers. I turn on the outside light and empty the box outside. I shake off the items I ordered and toss them inside. There is nothing in the box for them to eat and the packages are sealed. I get a flashlight and they are all over my porch. I couldn't get any pictures because the camera on my phone sucks and they are small in low light. They didn't look like your standard german cockroach or a water bug. They were a little different which gives me some hope that I won't have an infestation when I get home from work. I don't believe the company I ordered from purposely sent me roaches. There must have been eggs or something in the box or on the packing material and they hatched during transit. They were all really small. I read were eggs can get laid in between the layers of cardboard. The roaches kind of looked like dubia roaches which are sold for pet food. Its possible some got loose at the UPS facility and invaded my package.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts