encore 7mm 08

dennis

What are the limits to a factory encore in 7mm08? i am waiting for a xp from kirby should i try to make this gun something i like or just sell it? i dont really like how the break open lays on sand bags! i also only need 1 gun but am wondering if i am missing something about this gun.

Encore 7-08

Check coyoteguns.com, click on stocks and forends. Click on any picture you want to see a closeup of.

7-08 is a fine round. I re-chambered mine to .284 winchester for another 150fps, depending on bullet weight.

For me, I think the Encores work best with short barrels (10-12 inch) and so only look at larger bore pistol calibers like .458, 452, .500 etc. Basically 150 yard hammers. For longer range work I prefer the XP platform of a bolt action. More accurate, easier to tune, etc.
So if you don't have a need for a short range hammer, I'd sell the Encore. Like you said you really only need one gun and the xp will become your favorite I'm sure. I know I love my xp Kirby built in 7 SAUM.

7-08 wood make good long ranger for you.Maybe if rite price is out of site for you hunlee can have shot at Encore with scope?You see hunlee is in need of a good long ranger an been thinking about setting up Contender but good Encore not out of question

hunlee

The gun is worth $450 to $475. The scope is worth asking $300. Some people will pay for a used scope while others will shy away. A leupold has a lifetime warranty so that should be a no brainer. The scope can be found new for 400 or less all day long new. The gun is an easy 599 all day long new.

pistol

it is the fluted stainless one with synthetic grip and i will sell it to whoever wants it.

pro hunter

ok i looked it up

it is the tc pro hunter

scope is the leupold vx-III 2.5-8

purchased 9/27/2006

cost 1206.44 with tax

If it is a Pro Hunter its worth a little more. In my area they tend to go for $699 new give or take a few. I just purchased two VXIII 2.5x8's for $385 each. I love that scope. I have a few on guns right now and they have been great. I hope that give you a new reference to work with. They are wonderful guns. You should not have a problem selling that package at all.

What its worth

What its worth and what you can get for it is sometimes two different prices's.

I have bought 5 Encores in the past couple years. SIx month's ago I paid $250. for a stainless frame and they come available from time to time for $300. Can buy a barrel every day for $300. new. The Leupold Scope is worth $250-$300 used.

Just what I can buy them for

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.