• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Elk or Deer Antlers for my dogs

DesertDweller62

Do any of you have a Elk or Deer antlers you would sell me for dog chews? My dogs love chewing on antlers and I don't have any more to cut up. I will pay you for the antlers and shipping. Let me know what you have. THANKS! DesertDweller62

Probably best just to give your dog treats and milkbones.
I raised doge for 50+ years. One thing to stay away from is "Cooked" animal bones. When a dog chews them the bone is hardened from cooking and can splinter in the dog's digestive system.
Now I know there will be hundreds of LRH members saying they fed bone scrape to dogs all their lives. You can do what you want with your animal but i suggest against it. Also those "RAWHYDE" bones. They are the worst thing to let a dog have. The Rawhyde after chewed up can lodge in the intestines and swell up causing problems.
Just a suggestion and don't need a lot of replies to dispute.

Do any of you have a Elk or Deer antlers you would sell me for dog chews? My dogs love chewing on antlers and I don't have any more to cut up. I will pay you for the antlers and shipping. Let me know what you have. THANKS! DesertDweller62

Where do you live? What size dogs do you have?

My Golden retriever likes to chew on my whitetail antlers. Those racks are extremely hard and I often wondered if they were bad for his teeth. I'll typically take a 3 point antler and cut the points off on the table saw so he can't accidently poke himself in the eye. Even the table saw has a hard time cutting through the antler.

I don't know about other dogs but one antler lasts a very long time with my Golden, as it wears down very slowly.

Are elk racks softer?

We have a LRG "NYLA BONE" that we got Edward 20+ years ago. When he passed Samson took it over as a chew bone, now since we got Cassie she loves that bore and her favorite chew.

Attachments

• NYLA Bone.jpg
    NYLA Bone.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 27