Egw bases

toptom60

I'm in process of getting stuff to setup a bdl and getting ready to order rings and bases. I'm gonna use a nightforce scope and was gonna go with nightforce rail and rings but was really wanting a 2 peice rail for easier loading . In my hunt for 2 peice I stumbled on these says they are made from 7075 t6 aluminum so should be plenty strong for the big magnum and I could just put nightforce rings right on top of them. Was just curious if anyone has used these two peices or any re a son to stay away and buy a nightforce rail.

I'm in process of getting stuff to setup a bdl and getting ready to order rings and bases. I'm gonna use a nightforce scope and was gonna go with nightforce rail and rings but was really wanting a 2 peice rail for easier loading . In my hunt for 2 peice I stumbled on these says they are made from 7075 t6 aluminum so should be plenty strong for the big magnum and I could just put nightforce rings right on top of them. Was just curious if anyone has used these two peices or any re a son to stay away and buy a nightforce rail.
I understand what op is asking ,ease of top loading mag or blind mag,not ejection, I've used EGW ,for hunting guns ,I bed the rail first then I mill a cut out in a side of rail for more clearence.Murphy Precision will make a rail for ya anyway you want it,steel,SS,Ti or aluminum, not cheap,but worth it,he also has good info on bedding scope rails.

I use EGW's one piece bases and their Keystone line of rings on all my rifles that will take them.

The one piece base allows more flexibility in scope placement.

Never an issue loading/ejecting.
The bases are kinda tall. But it allows you to use low rings for up through a 60mm objective, depending on barrel contour.

Their rings are serious stout!

And buy both at same time and save 10%.
What's not to like?

I have multiple EGW 1pc rails on several rifles and brands and they are great. I installed 2 just this week. No loading or ejection issues.

I am slowly switching most of my rifles over to 1pc rails, especially magnum calibers.

I bought a HD 40 MOA base from them. I'm pretty happy with the overall fit and finish. I only have 30 rounds fired in the rifle but it seems to be fine. The packaging says it's made in the USA so that's a plus. Made from 7075 T6 so it should hold up well.