E target system - calculating initial velocity

My local range is pretty good with re-investing membership dues back into the club. They recently built some indoor heated rifle ranges. They have (2) 100y tubes and a single 200 yard tube. The tubes has a e target system with screen to show groups/data like FPS. The way the FPS is was explained is it works at the target with speakers to "triangulate" location on the target. Not sure the brand or anything. It works great, I took the 300 WM out today after putting some new mounts and a scope on it.

I haven't had physics class in 15 years. Is there a way to calculate initial velocity at say 1 ft / muzzle with the data it's provided me? I shot at 200y and had an average 2667 fps, Es of 15.4 fps, SD of 6.4 fps for a 3 shot group.

How accurate would this calculating be for scope doping in other apps.

Solve for MV in a ballistics app by using your 200 yd velocity, BC, environmentals, etc. That will give you a starting point for MV, then verify against actual drops. That should give you a validated solution out as far as you do your testing.

Solve for MV in a ballistics app by using your 200 yd velocity, BC, environmentals, etc. That will give you a starting point for MV, then verify against actual drops. That should give you a validated solution out as far as you do your testing.
I currently use StrelokPro and I don't see that functionality. Any app recommendation to do as your stating?

Figured it out!

Last edited: