Calculating MPBR and a 50 yard sight in with Velocity & BC ?

Timinator

I'm sure you Lords of all things long range can refresh my memory. Years ago in Varmint Hunter magazine I read about calculating MPBR (+ and - 3") with just Velocity and BC (I think) and part of the "equation" gave/told you the 50 yard sight in. At least that's what I think I remember. Have I lost it completely or did I remember some of this right?

No, wasn't thinking that, just wanted the equation again. It was very interesting and something the guy, who I believe was a retired Navy long gunner, came up with.

No, this guy was pretty sharp. I believe his job was calculating the ballistics for guns that fire 2000lb rounds out 25 miles off of Destroyers and such. Was a great article, lot's of very interesting correlations he came up with.

No, this guy was pretty sharp. I believe his job was calculating the ballistics for guns that fire 2000lb rounds out 25 miles off of Destroyers and such. Was a great article, lot's of very interesting correlations he came up with.
A destroyer couldn't carry a gun that large and if they managed to get one on it, the first time it was fired it would break the ship's back.

MPBR is really a meaningless term for anything other than marketing.

Any ballistics chart will give you drops from your zero point.

You can pick any point you want for zero be it 50, 100, 200, 300yds etc.

That chart will give you a +/- in " for ranges shorter or longer than your zero.

From that chart you can determine based on your zero what your holds are above and below that zero.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts