Double Main Beam Buck Utah

John-Pure Precision

LRH Sponsor
Shot this buck at 580 yards with my 300 Dakota and 230 OTM's. He didn't move a muscle! Not a giant but a super cool double main beam.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 207
Very cool. My dad shot a whitetail almost just like that about 4 years ago. Unfortunately before I could stop him he cut the skull out with a saw. Maybe one of these days I'll learn to mount them and mount it up. Right now I just do European mounts. I'll take some pics of it and post in a few minutes.

Are you comparing a whitetail to a mulie? Both are pretty cool. I have seen two in the wild both over 160class whitetails. I let one walk by at 100 yards with the rifle. My little cousins first year hunting and he wanted a big one, and it was Headed for him. Well he never seen it. Neighbor got it a few days later. And I still haven't got one that big.

Are you comparing a whitetail to a mulie? Both are pretty cool. I have seen two in the wild both over 160class whitetails. I let one walk by at 100 yards with the rifle. My little cousins first year hunting and he wanted a big one, and it was Headed for him. Well he never seen it. Neighbor got it a few days later. And I still haven't got one that big.

Well we aren't really comparing them. He was showing his really cool mulie kill from the other day and I showed him my dads whitetail kill that was very similar.

I wasn't sure if that was a whitetail rack or mule deer, sure looked like a whitetail. Looks like a brother from a whitetail mother!

very cool . i always like that type of rack may not score good but who cares
i will take cool over high score any day of the week.
i god a friend on some elk a cpl yrs ago and he ended up taking 1 that the right side main beam was dropping and sticking out :)

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.