Does a TAC 15 (the non-i version) keep its zero when re-assembled?

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
The TAC 15 upper attaches to your own AR 15 lower. The TAC 15i version is permanently attached to its own PSE upper.

Mark from NJ just asked me if the "15" version can lose its zero when it is disassembled and then re-attached. I really don't know the answer and I hope one of you can tell me it from your own experience with your TAC 15.

LOL NO you do not loose the zero of your weapon if that was the case i would of been dead in Afghanistan for cleaning my weopon i own a tac 15 and switch barrels to kill ground hogs at 300 yard and then swich back to my xbow and shoot 80yrds dead nuts and thanks for asking......
The TAC 15 upper attaches to your own AR 15 lower. The TAC 15i version is permanently attached to its own PSE upper.

Mark from NJ just asked me if the "15" version can lose its zero when it is disassembled and then re-attached. I really don't know the answer and I hope one of you can tell me it from your own experience with your TAC 15.

But....
I have discovered a very interesting thing with my tac15....I have two ar's...and with the lower from one if I sight it for dead center hits, at say, 50 yards, then switch to the other lower, my point of impact changes about 6 inches. I have switched back and fourth several times, and lower #1 will hit dead center (or as near to dead center as tac-15s will...+- and inch or so), and lower #2 will ALWAYS hit 6 inches low/left.
I'm not sure why this is, but might be because lower #1 is collapsible stock, and lower #2 is fixed stock...that really is the only difference between the two lowers. And yes, I have adjusted for parallax.
Tim

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts