Documentary

RockyMtnMT

Official LRH Sponsor
Here is a documentary that Hammer Bullets participated in about the effects of lead on birds of prey. We are most definitely not for legislation against lead bullets for hunting. We would much rather have people find us and use us because we make a better product than what they have used before. With that said, I have talked to enough people that are highly educated and deal with lead toxicity in birds to understand that it is a real thing that comes form them eating lead contaminated meat and gut piles. The problem is that the birds have the ability to break down lead to the point that they can absorb it, and it is a cumulative effect. There is definitely an uptick in the problem during big game hunting season when the birds of prey are transitioning from hunting live prey to scavenging dead animals going into the winter.

Again, terminal performance was the reason that we got into lead free pure copper bullet production. Nothing else. We also look at ourselves as stewards of the land and the animals that inhabit it. If something as simple as using pure copper bullets for hunting big and small game will make a difference in populations of scavenger birds and birds of prey, that is a good thing. I liken it to when we stopped using DDT on crops and it made a huge difference in the birds of prey and their nesting success. Anyway here is the documentary. I was very apprehensive about doing it because we did not want to be painted as the "mean hunters". I think it turned out well.