Do it yourself tikka tx3 barrel swap

I have removed a tikka barrel last night . No problem.One trick is to have the aluminum collar matching exactly the contour of the taper over the writing of the barrel. If you position the writing at 6 or 12 o'clock , it will slightly inbed into the aluminum sleeve and produce extra grip . That will work for all the past productions rifle that were engraved. This year barrels are now just etched instead of engraved.

I know building it might be a majority of the reason you're doing it, but if you don't mind just doing minor stuff like pillars and bedding and such the Savage ultralite line might be right up your alley. Comes in both the calibers you were thinking, with adjustable LOP and with proof carbon wrapped barrels for a street price under $1200 seems like a lot of value there, and you can always make it heavier lol.

I hear what your saying, but it's a factory rifle. Myself and her would love something different. I'm even considering a 280 ai. How many 12 year old girls are shooting a tikka action with a 280 ai after market barrel. And I garuntee she'll be shooting it well. Just a thought. Still prob go with one of the others because I have all the reloading supplies for them.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.