Digital scales

Takem406

My Lyman digital scale died the other day after a little less than a year. I'd like to replace it with a little more expensive and better scale. I don't want an auto dispenser, just a good accurate digital scale. I've been looking at the Gempro 250 and it seems review are split. Same with the RCBS and Hornady.
I'd like to spend around $150.

Perhaps just getting 's balance beam would be better? But it seems the digitals are faster.

Thanks!

I now use a Hornady Auto Charge as a thrower. It works great for this as I don't have to adjust the mechanical throwers. Seems simpler for sure. I then trickle up on a Gempro 250. The Gempro has been very good for me. It is stable, quick and does not drift much at all.

The key to using the digitals seems to be letting them warm up for about 30 minutes before you use them, keep a stable room temp above 65 degrees and have no breeze close - like a furnace fan. I recalibrate them about every 20 rounds. Calibration is quick.

Guess I'll have to order a Gempro lol. Yeah you can get confused reading reviews. And on some products people are complaining about stupid cosmetic details or stupid things.

I have the RCBS and I just pretty much leave it on 24-7. Its about 3 years old now and if it crapped out then I would probably just get another one. I do cal it before starting a loading but I leave it on down in my large walk in closet that is now my reloading room. Its been working fine for 3 years and was the best addition to my reloading stuff that I have purchased. Now for the money the best thing that I have purchased was a media seperater. I spin it around a couple of time and no media in the brass. Aswome.gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.