Shawn Carlock

Sponsor
Ok gang,

Here are the 2007 dates for my LRH classes:
MAY 19-20
JUNE 30 - JULY 1
JULY 21-22
AUG 18-19

Class tuition is 300.00 for the 2 day class, several from this site have taken it and their are previous posts on it. I have over 50 people on my email for 07 list and only 40 slots for the year, so if you are interested be sure to secure a slot early that will work for you.

Defensive Edge Inc. draws from its experience in dynamic and tactical shooting competitions, law enforcement precision rifle work, long range guiding and custom gun building to provide a course of instruction bred from experience, not theory or untested ideas. The LRH class is designed for the entry level shooter interested in long range application to hunting. While there is some lecture, chart work etc. it is all done on the firing line there is no formal, dry, classroom work in our curriculum. Students will cover the following topics and exercises:

• MOA explanation and application
• Target knob, ballistic reticules & BDC'sDrop charts
• Internal & external ballistics as they apply to LRH
• Atmospheric conditions and their effects
• WIND
• up/downhill shooting
• equipment setup
• weapon zero (shooting)
• drop chart confirmation out to 1000+ yards (shooting)
• adjusting the chart
• shot logs data and entry
• up/downhill (shooting)
• field positions and random distance (shooting)
• and more

Equipment:
• rifle capable of 1"@ 100yards or less
• rifle you can shoot possibly 100 rounds in a day (probably closer to 60 though)
• quality scope with repeatable target knobs or ballistic reticule or both (knobs are much preferred)
• 150 rounds of ammunition you intend to hunt with
• field rest equipment – bipod, shooting sticks, etc.
• sand bags for initial drop sheet work
• eye & ear protection
• lunch
Items that are nice to have:
• range finder
• spotting scope
• weather station ( Kestrel etc.)
• cosine indicator
• palm or pocket pc w/exbal

This covers everything I would require or recommend, feel free to bring any additional shooting gear you like. If you have additional questions or requests feel free to post them or contact me.

Scott,

You will of course need a car anyway so either fly into Coeur d'Alene Id. direct or fly into Spokane Wa. and drive over it is only about 40 minutes. I have a packet to send with range maps recommended motels etc. after I get you on the roster. I need tuition to reserve a slot so you will want to send it soon I suspect since I ran into schedualing conflicts and can only do 4 classes this year the 40 slots will fill fast.

Do you know what airline flies into Coeur d'Alene....travelocity is not recognizing it. I'd be so excited if I can pull together all the funds to make this happen.....I can't hardly stand it....wish I lived closer!

You would probably be better to fly into Spokane and drive your car to CDA, it is only 40 minutes. Fares are cheaper to Spokane and help offset the cost of a car that you will have to have anyway. The best move is to con a friend into splitting with you.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.