Deer Hunters Beware!

While snowmobiling is great fun ,at the same time it makes a snow road for many wild critters, I've often seen tracks on snowmobile trails ,it's best to just go around an animal that big ,snow is deep and cold we can't blame animals for taking advantage of a covenant trail . I'm pro outdoors ,weather it's snowmobiling, ice fishing ,hunting ,camping , atving or just walking for exercise or enjoyment. A good friend makes trails with his snowmobile,Or truck for the deer on his land when the snow gets deep ,that's when the predators have an advantage,or after a rain storm in winter that makes ice crusts that cut the animals feet when walking or running,nature is Very tough on all critters,many times deer walk in tire tracks anything to help their mobility. Cheers

The deer queenie.

Some time ago, we owned a house having an acre of land in suburban Spokane. I needed to walk down a 200 ft driveway to put out trash. Wifey was sorry for the cute little deers, especially the ones who were that's year's fawn crop, so she put out corn and every morning fleets of deers gathered on our front lawn for feeding. I started out pushing the trash cart down the driveway. The deers were munching corn near the driveway - fat & happy.

I expected the deers to scatter or back away from the driveway, but they stood their ground and made huffing sounds. One big doe accompanied by her fawn stood on the side of the driveway, made huffing sounds, and would not budge. I postponed my trash deposit and retreated to the garage.

Later we watched the same doe drive away other deers with hooves so her fawn could munch on corn. Wifey approved and then named the doe
Lagertha after the tough lady leader in the TV series Vikings. Lots of TV action with arrows, swords & axes but no hooves.

I never likes Lagertha after she made a killing arrow shot in a rival queenie's back (just politics) & I never liked 😨that big doe.

Last edited: