Decent Saskatchewan buck…and my antagonistic uncle!

Calvin45

Didn't know whether to put this in hunting or in humour.

I didn't get a buck this year, but I did fill an antlerless tag and my either sex whitetail both with does this year. It was my last day I'd have to hunt, i saw the chance for meat in my freezer, and I took them. No regrets.

HOWEVER…my uncle is a cheeky old guy (retired cattle farmer) who had to take a shot at me haha…a few days ago he got my aunt to send me this picture and the simple caption

"HEY DOE HUNTER!"

🤣🤣🤣😡😡😡😁

Not a bad looking animal at all!

Attachments

• 8D621B80-925F-4B2B-8075-2FEC9506F7F8.png
    8D621B80-925F-4B2B-8075-2FEC9506F7F8.png
    726.5 KB · Views: 182
And for all you nuts like me who need ballistic details…it's boring! He's a one gunner like many old farmers, 1980s rem 700 in 308 Winchester. 180 grain Winchester super x power points. He kills everything with that combo with boring consistency.

I believe he saw it looking out his kitchen window into the old cattle yard. Walked out into his farmyard, and shot it, went back to drinking coffee after haha. Or something like that.

It's a very nice buck ,he's lucky to get it, that doesn't always happen 🧐, tell him it's a game of.chance could have easily have been a doe,🤫as for his rifle I'd never fault the 308 it's just to great ,I've got the utmost respect for Famers cause my Grandfather was one so I can't fault him there either guess your stuck with Him after all ,🥳👏👏👏😆,Congrats to to boat,nice write up,& picture,and absolutely wonderful timing of filling your freezer also !!!.Cheers 🍻🍻🍻🥳🦌all around 👏👏👏.