Custom windage dial for NXS..

Robbin

I posted a question here about a month ago about what custom windage dials would do. I didn't get an answer, but I finally got mine so I thougt I would post. My dials are from Kenton ind for a NF NXS.
Everybody knows how the elevation dials work, this is how the windage dial works.
I thought they would come back generic, Because the wind is variable, but they aren't. It's pretty cool. For my bullet and muzzle velocity you can go out to 1100 yards in 100 yard increments for a 10mph wind.
If you have a 5 mile per hour wind, you can dial Half or 5 for 500 yards and get pretty darn close. It's actually about .5 MOA too little. Looks like for yardages over 500 you dial half so 800 you dial 400 +.5 MOA or 2 clicks. You reverse the process for 15 MPH winds by adding half again the yardage. So you are shooting 400 yards in a 15 MPH you dial 600. In a 20 MPH wind you dial 800.
It's way closer than my wind calls are, that's for sure.
This is a very functional tool and I've decided to order some for my leupolds.
I'm really glad I ordered the windage dial know and will definitely order it for my grendel.
Very cool stuff!

Thanks for the report Robbin. Im going to get some turrets for my .264 from kenton also and was wondering about the windage dial. Might have to order that as well. Thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts