• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Custom Winchester 70 in 375 H&H

jgraham01

SPF

Custom-built Winchester Model 70 Safari Express in 375 H&H with double recoil lugs out of Morgan, UT. This is the Classic style with the controlled feed and new M70 trigger set at 3 pounds. The trigger was fantastic from the factory and not modified. Barrel is 24 inches long and the muzzle has the target crown. Received this in a trade from a guy who had replaced the wood stock with a McMillan McWoody stock but had never bedded it. Sent the rifle to Bob Cogan of Accurate Plating and Weaponry and had the following work performed:

Install 1" black Pachmayr Decelerator pad
Glass and pillar bedded the action to the front recoil lug
Free floated the barrel forward from the front recoil lug
Replaced the front sight with a NECG Masterpiece ramped front sight
Installed a NECG Masterpiece red fiber optic front sight insert
Installed a NECG Masterpiece open front sight hood
Installed NECG guard screws with deep 5/16 socket heads
Modified factory rear sight to mount with two 8X40 screws instead of one 6X40 screw
Replaced original bottom metal with a Sunnyhill version
Matte hard chromed all metal except rear sight, front sight insert and hood (Left black)

I have also added the following:

New Bonniepackers black Safari sling
New old model Uncle Mikes black sling swivels
New Koplin black buttstock ammo carrier
New Talley bases
New Talley 30 MM QD rings
New Devtron ScopeCoat protective cover
Like new Swarovski 1,25-4X24 PVI with BE-3 illuminated CD-I reticle

The matte hard chrome looks like stainless but shines less and is much harder and more weather resistant. Setup as is, the rifle is 10 or 11 pounds, I have no scale, but the sling makes it seem less and allows the rifle to be brought into action much faster than any other setup. I have never fired the rifle and the original owner said he fired it less than 100 times. I saw his target with 300 grain pills and they were never over 1 inch for three shots at 100 yards. I built this for my hunting in Alaska, when I lived there, but since moving I have never returned to hunt. I am going through my stuff and selling all my dangerous game rifles and this is one of the last to go. This rifle is perfect for Africa, Alaska, Canada and for big game in North America or Russia. Sorry, but I do not have the boxes or manuals as they were lost in the move.

This cost over $4500 to build and took several years to complete. I am selling it for $3100 shipped for all or $2200 without scope and rings. I accept USPS Money Orders and personal checks only. Trades may be considered for Black Powder Cartridge Rifles like the Sharps, Rolling Blocks, Hepburns, Ballards and such. I like them in 45-90, 45-70, 40-65, 38-55 and 22LR. Also like Ruger No.1s, Savage 99s, Winchester 94s and Travor X95. Your FFL must be willing to accept from a private person. Contact me for any questions or more pictures. Thanks.

Jerry

Attachments

• Win.jpg
    Win.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 141
Last edited: