• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Custom Savage 7mm Rem Mag-Rayhill**Reduced**

Crowe284

Hate to get rid of this one but I recently acquired a new toy that I am going to dedicate more time and attention to. This one needs a good home where it will not be neglected. Rifle started life as a 116 weather warrior. Sent rifle to Kevin Rayhill at Stockade and had him build the rifle as shown in pictures.

All work done by Kevin Rayhill at Stockade:

-Stainless steel 116 action timed and trued-Action super smooth and bolt lift is like a Remmy 700
-Bottom bolt release moved to top bolt release
-1.5 lb. accutrigger that is scary crisp, breaks like glass (I think its actually less than 1.5 lbs. but don't have a gauge to verify, just basing on other triggers I have that are lighter)
-Rayhill 5/8" oversized bolt handle
-Action bedded into Stockade Mule Deer Stock in OD Green w/ Black Webbing (blind internal magazine)
-NSS Precision Recoil Lug
-NSS Precision Barrel Nut
-CBI Match Grade 9 twist barrel in Magnum Sporter Contour finished at 26"
-Barrel Threaded and Rayhill custom removable muzzle brake installed-Extremely light recoil with load mentioned below

Fit and finish of all work done by Kevin Rayhill is absolutely outstanding...could not find anything to complain about and I am generally hard to please when it comes to rifles. The action, bolt handle, barrel and brake are all finished in matte stainless. There are a couple small scratches on barrel from taking in and out of safe. Cant see them unless you are looking hard.

The rifle has exactly 100 rounds down the tube. Never took it out hunting, just threw a load together with 168 gr Berger VLDH, H-1000, CCI-250 primers and Hornady brass. 70.5 grains of H-1000 jumping bullet about 50 thousandths would produce .75" (5) shot groups @ 100 yds. (I shot these groups very slow as I have the ability to shoot right outside my back door, so barrel was at ambient air temp prior to each shot). I never took the time to tune the load, I am sure that his rifle will shoot half minute or sub-half minute with load development. I basically just used the same load that I shot when the rifle was in its factory form and it shot pretty good.

I will leave the 30mm Talley lightweight (extended front, high) rings on the gun which have been lapped in for perfect alignment and are perfect height for 50 mm objective OR if you don't want them, I will throw in a EGW HD 0 MOA pic rail if you would rather have that.

1,975 for rifle shipped from ME to YOUR FFL.....might consider letting it go with scope if interested...Scope is SWFA 5-20 HD that is like brand new.

Gun weighed 9.7 lbs. on my bathroom scale without scope and rings

Attachments

• IMG_0072.jpg
    IMG_0072.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0071.jpg
    IMG_0071.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0076.jpg
    IMG_0076.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0074.jpg
    IMG_0074.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0073.jpg
    IMG_0073.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 14
Re: Custom Savage 7mm Rem Mag-Rayhill

Forgot....I will also include 50 fully prepped pieces of twice fired Hornady brass, 200 Berger 168 gr VLD Hunting Bullets and a set of like new Hornady dies.

Putting this one back up. Developed a new load with it that shoots great. Have lots of 7mag brass that can go with this rifle (all fired out of this action but not all fired out of new barrel), dies (hornady full length set, plus Redding body die, plus lee collet neck sizing die) and 100 count box of 168 gr Berger classic hunters.

Attachments

• IMG_0176.jpg
    IMG_0176.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 13

Bump. Lots of stuff here for the price
Custom Rifle
Choice of Talley lightweights or EGW HD 0MOA Rail
Set of like new Hornady full length dies
Like new Redding Body Die
Like new Lee Collet Neck Sizing Die with two mandrels
Lots of 7 Rem Mag Brass
100 Count Box of Berger 168 gr Classic Hunters and load data to go with them

Nice rig for anyone looking to get in on a long range rig and have everything they need besides a scope, primers and powder.

$1650 shipped and insured for all.

You can reach me via text at 210 two six two 7416

Thanks,
Crowe

Re: Custom Savage 7mm Rem Mag-Rayhill-**Reduced**

Price drop, 1500.00 shipped and insured for everything.

1400 shipped and insured for everything.
1300 rifle only shipped andninsured.
Last price drop.

Thanks
Crowe

Last edited:

Rifle will still include your choice of Talley lightweights or EGW HD OMOA pic rail if you want it.

Bump, make me an offer if your interested.

Last edited:

Recent Posts