• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Custom Savage 110 Stock

SealT5

I'm looking for a custom composite or fiberglass stock. Preferably manners or McMillan for a Savage 110 SA Prefix F with a 308 blind box. I'm open to to others as well but I will be sorta picky. This gun belonged to my father who passed recently and I have a pretty clear idea of what I'm looking for. If you have something please let me know. Thanks

Joe

Why I'm looking on here is because neither McMillan or manners will currently inlet for a Savage action. I guess I'm just turning over rocks now

I contacted McMillan about the same issue a few months ago,, the rep said they no longer inlet for savages. They will sell u flat top stock that needs to be inletted by a gunsmith. Only certain stocks are compatible. Need to check with them about a particular stock

Ya I've done tons of research on this subject. If the dang gun wasn't so sentimental there would be no way a savage could be worth the time

McMillan will sell a flattop and have a gunsmith in Colorado hand fit the stock but your limited to only paint grade finishes. No molded colors or carbon fiber.

Manners won't let me order a flattop. McMillans a gunsmith in Colorado said he could take a R700 stock and modify the stock but there's A lot of patch work involved and the stock has to be painted afterwards.

AG composites will sell a flattop to the same gunsmith in Colorado. This is probably my best option to get something that I'll be happy with.

The problem with savages is there are way too many variables with the 110 action. It's been changed so many times over the years that unlike a R700 they can't just inlet a stock for them.

Manners has a stock for a savage on their website. All manners stocks for savages have the mini chasis. They won't build one with just pillars.
I saw that. Unfortunately mine doesn't have the 4.40" bolt spacing. And it's black Forrest lol

D60B7633-18D2-4627-9941-120D4C7D9C26.jpeg
AF972DE4-9CF3-4290-8926-B2B30BFC197E.jpeg

I'm considering just having the factory stock reworked and the barrel channel opened up to fit a #5 barrel instead of a proof. Try to keep it as close to original as possible since going full custom doesn't seem fees-able

Recent Posts