• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Custom Remington 700 7mmSTW

cornstalker

Action: Remington 700- blued
Barrel: 28" Shilen 9 twist. Finishes at around .960"- blued
Trigger: Shilen Competition
Stock: McMillan M40A1-htg- painted.
Rings: Talley lightweight
Scope: Burris XTR312, 3x-12x, 30mm tube. Illuminated Ballistic MilDot. Recently sent into Burris for the parallax adjuster not working. They fixed that, rebuilt the objective lens pack, recoil tested and nitrogen purged.

I bought the rifle used so I don't know the actual round count. Before I shot it I took it to my gunsmith and had it looked over. He said that by the markings it looks as if the work was done by Shilen. He borescoped it and said that it has been shot, but definitely not shot out.

I got groups around .5" at 100 yards with 160 Nosler Accubonds, factory ammo at 3280 fps. In a ladder test with H1000 and 175 grain ABLR, I got a .75" group at 100 yards in the "node" with 6 different powder charges. Middle velocity in the ladder was 3150.

I will include the Nosler brass that I have, and a set of plain old RCBS dies. Can throw in cleaning rod too, as it takes a really long one...

If you are honestly interested in the rifle and want pics I could message them to you. Too much of a pain to upload them here. I have tried a number of times and can't get it to work.

The rig weighs in at around 14.5 pounds, and the recoil on the bench is more pleasant than an 8 pound 7mm Rem mag, IMO.

Asking $1500 or best offer, shipped to your FFL.

IMG_20171102_193307783~2.jpg

Holy smokes... I got it to upload.