• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Custom built 270 FN by Keith Stegall

TiniJ

Sold Pending Funds...Thanks!

Custom built 270 FN by Keith Stegall

-an amazing piece of rifle history built by one of the masters
-shoots a ragged hole with the recipe provided - Targets sub 1/2 inch (See Pictures)
-comes with Redfield mounts and Leupold VX3 2.5x8 matte scope (base is old style with built-in peep sight)
-custom engraved grip cap
-steel butt plate with ornate, engraved screws
-bolt and action jewelling; inside and out...beautiful!
-awesome wood and custom checkering
-Barrel Length: 22"
-LOP: 13.5"
-Weight (as pictured): 8.75 - 9# ...according to my fish scale and a kitchen scale to confirm

Stegall was one of the old masters from the period of 1950 until his death. He was one of Jack O'Connor's favorite makers and he is mentioned in many O'Connor stories.

$2,995 + $50 shipped insured in hard Plano case to lower 48 +$25 AK
No trades please. Send PM with questions or request for more pictures.

B4Y8D1dh.jpg

DAyb1qBh.jpg
fz753JYh.jpg

GZ6uXCdh.jpg
X64xdz7h.jpg
iRPta1ih.jpg
hmhejm0h.jpg
KIeIUjdh.jpg
935z2v0h.jpg
qysRISch.jpg
hKjtzc3h.jpg
gn5jiYOh.jpg
jc0dCvBh.jpg
UYuJdkAh.jpg
qqD5uW5h.jpg
eXZSuIdh.jpg
Qh5GI7Ih.jpg
1QTbSNZh.jpg

Last edited:
I have 3 of Keith's rifles. Unsual to see one built on an FN action. His favorite was a Pre64 M70 or a G33/40
They all shoot sub1/2". The French walnut he used was all hand selected by Keith himself. Most barrels used were Atkinson-Marquart.
270 was by far his favorite but he built 7mm/270 Stegall Improved
He wasn't a big fan of Belted Mags except 375H&H! All metal engraving was done in Czechoslovakia until 1976
Ever who buys this gun will not only have a piece of history but will have one of the finest custom rifles for a world past and Keith would want you to shoot it! I've heard him say many times....."I build a rifle to use how fancy you want it is up to you, but use it because it will be accurate and will always serve you well"
That's why Jack O'Connor love Keith's guns so much!
Doc

Recent Posts