custom 7.62x54R

Steelflight

Well hello all i just joined the forum in the last few hours of work i have enjoyed topics spoken or asked about.

Well now down to buisness. I noticed that there are a few custom gun makers out there. With the knowledge that most work with already made materials i have a question thenyyou. Is there a custom gun smith out there that has the spunk to make a rifle that shoots the 7.62 caliber case?

Before someone says go and buy a mosin. I have one. Sweet shooter and has been alot of fun. It is my go to hunting rifle. Long story short i lucked out when i bought it.

My thinking with this request is for three reasons.

1. Fair power out to any reasonable distance. The bullets are not shot out of a .338-378 wthby mag but they deliver the message.

2. Mobilty. With reason 1. in mind its similar to packing a model 70 arpund with a much longer barrel. Yet this only bothered me the one year i was with out a sling. (never again.)

3. Accuracy. As i said i lucked out with the mosin. If a cheaply made piece of old iron can hold 1 moa at 100 yards then what can a muchtighter tolerance do for this casing?

If your interested then either reply here or pm me. I will check out your work on the sites you have set up.

Thanks and keep shooting straight.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.