• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Custom 6.5-06 and extra's, complete package

Cocadori

Life happens. I've not been around much but for good reason. I have a a F.I.L. diagnosed with glioblastoma multiforme. I'm ralleying funds for airfair for my wife and kids to spend time as it's running out fast. I've another 6.5-06 from this smith which I am keeping so I haven't lost all sanity.
When this settles and shakes out I'm sure I'll hit speed dial and order up another but for now this is where I'm at.

This is a custom built rifle. Designed around the hunting habits of the western states. It is also suited to longer range hunting is areas where it is possible.
The rifle is built on a Remington 700 long action which has been trued. Everything is precise and square. The bolt handle has a modified knob installed. It is a smidgen larger and longer than most for ease of operation while wearing gloves. The bolt itself has an Sako extractor installed for a more reliable extraction of a fired case. The barrel is a Stainless Steel Mike Rock 5R 8 twist at 26" with a custom break which reduces recoil about 70 %. All metal is coated in cerekote flat black. The barreled action is pillar and glass bedded into an HS Precision custom painted Hunter Stock in a BDL system.
The trigger is a Remington trigger which has been blue printed and set at @ 2 lbs.
I have less than 135 documented rounds fired and the barrel is barely broke in. With handloaded ammunition this rifle is sub minute of angle accurate and I have results of 100 yard groups measuring in the .3's and 500 yard groups measuring 2.5". I will include the most accurate load recipie with the sale of the rifle.
If you need more pictures please don't hesitate to ask.

Everything included in the picture (except rear bag)
(Rifle, Bi-pod, Base, Rings Scope)
Scope is a Bushnell 3-12X44 Elite Tac with the BTR Ret.
One of the best Longer range hunting reticle in production.
bullet points of the scope:
First focal plane
Long-range power
RainGuard HD
Fully multi-coated optics
30mm Forged aluminum alloy one-piece tube
.1 Mil Click Value
Side focus parallax adjustment

Also to include in the package.

4 box's 140 Amax
2.5 boxes of 140 AB's
1 Box of 139 scenars and ..

enough primers for each bullet.

I'll also be willing to part wtih 50 pieces of new Win 25-06 Brass.
There is NO fire forming with 6.5-06 A-square dies just run the brass through the dies one time and load away.

H4831sc is the powder that produces the best accuracy in this rifle. I have plenty of that too if that will seal the deal.

It should only take you minutes to be ready to take this hunting.

Package Price $3350

I literally have just mounted this scope and zeroed it. I shot theses 6 rounds after 4 rounds to zero.

The accuracy load is running 139 scenars at @ 3000fps.

Rifle.jpg

target.jpg

Father in law? Sorry about life troubles. If I were rich I would just give you the money. Beautiful rifle. I hope it sells quickly.

Hey thanks...Yeah father in law. Lives back east and flying the fam back and forth is becoming taxing.

Trying to ralley funds.

Offers welcome.

Stock is from HS precision, Stiff but yet lighter in weight.
Stock pack (cheek piece) is a nice addition gives a nice warmer rest in colder weather has a pouch/cartridge holder as well. It is adjustable and removable.

Need to move this. There is little guess work here and easily could be ready to go for the eastern part/ mid west deer seasons.

This is the "poor mans" 6.5X284. yet has many advantages. I shot the 6.5X284 for years. This does all that it does yet has cheaper brass, and longer barrel life.

Last edited:
Not 100% but I think Triad Tactical. I puchased it last year.

This would make a very nice deer rifle for PA ;-) I hunted PA for 25 years.