• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Custom 300 Win Mag

cowboyarcher

Hi All,

I have a custom 300 WM mag sale. Price is $1250 OBO shipped to your FFL, who must accept items from an individual. I am moving abroad this fall, and simply need to move this out before I leave.

Trades I would consider include Nikon DX gear, a Mac Book (any model at this point), a Verizon iPhone 5 (maybe 2) or newer in great shape, or small neck knives.

Please email if interested: [email protected]

Specs are as follows:

- Trued Winchester model 70 Action coated black. Factory trigger has been tuned some, but it needs further attention.
- McGowan SS barrel. 24", "Remington Magnum" contour (more like a light varmint), muzzle threaded 5/8"x24, 1:10 twist. Installed by McGowan and unfurled since.
- New HS Precision stock from the old Laredo model. Found a guy that bought this directly from Winchester when their old factory closed.
- Used SS two-piece bottom metal.
- Weight is under 9lbs as pictured, but I don't remember the exact figure.

Thanks all and God bless you!

Adam

My situation has changed a bit now; I would consider trades for an AR15 of similar value!

I'm in SE WY, but will be in Denver several times in the coming weeks.

How many rounds down the barrel? Any pics of groups you have fired? How deep was the chamber cut? Have you done any load development? Who trued the action?

Thanks

How many rounds down the barrel? Any pics of groups you have fired? How deep was the chamber cut? Have you done any load development? Who trued the action?

Thanks

The action is unfired since the rebuild, so no group pics or rounds through the barrel...

The chamber was cut by McGowen, so unsure as to the depth.

The action was trued by the previous owner. Not sure who did the work.