• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Custom 260 Remington 700 Mcmillan Shilen

redneckbmxer24

I have a custom 260 hunting rifle I need to sell to free up some funds for other builds. Here are the specs:

Remington 700 action completely blueprinted with surface ground OEM lug
Shilen Select Match 1-9 25" tube magnum sporter contour
McMillan stock 50% black 25% OD 25% Tan in ADL configuration
Old style solid shoe R700 trigger
Barreled action and TG finished in OD Alluma Hyde

All work was performed by Ed Harren of Harrens Custom Rifles. He is very well known amongst benchers shooters for his rifles.

The rifle shoots great. I've put about 120 rounds through it mostly some cheap 120gr speers I picked up with a very mild charge (40gr) of RL17 to get some rounds on it to break in a bit. It's been shooting 1/2moa with that load. I also ran some Federal 120gr barnes TSX through it with the same results and a handful of 140gr hybrids and 139gr scenars to see if they would stabilize. They ran just fine so don't be turned away by the 1:9 twist. There are some imperfections on it but nothing major. There's some finish wear on the barrel and some nicks here and there in the stock, nothing super noticeable or deep.

This would make a great one rifle big game killer. I'm asking $1900 shipped for the rifle with Talley 1" medium rings, RCBS 260 dies and the fired brass. I also have several hundred rounds of factory Federal 120gr Barnes triple shock for $35/box I can include. Shipping will be additional on the ammo as it has to be shipped UPS ground separated from the rifle. There's also some trades I'll accept on this rifle.

Trades:

- Hawk Hill 6mm 1:8 .237 bore med palma or marksman blanks. Must finish 28"
- Hawk Hill or other top brand cut rifled 6mm .237 bore 1:8 blank in a sporter or magnum sporter contour.
- WOA 16-18" SS SPRish barrel
- Nightforce SHV F1 MRAD
- Nightforce F1 3.5-15X50 with 10mil MRAD knob and MD2/MD2.0 reticle
- Leupold MK4/Vari-x III LR 3.5-10X40 mildot or TMR M3 knobs
- Leupold MK4 2.5-8x36 M2 knobs mildot or TMR
- MPA R700 SA gen II competition chassis

image1-1_zpsrc31s9yp.jpg

image2_zps7qhmrryf.jpg

For some reason the site won't let me update the original ad, but this rifle is on hold for a buyer until further notice. I will still accept inquiries from other parties while the rifle is on hold but you will be put in line for it. If the rifle doesn't sell I will update the ad to reflect that. Thanks.