Crazy 308 win. Encore

Got a factory 308 Win. barrel that's giving me fits, I've shot the world through it and it just will not group. I'm looking at having sent off to JES Reboring and get it rebored to 358 Winchester, or should I "bite the bullet" and just get custom barrel made. It wears a Holland Radical Brake as well and I've always wanted a 358, your thoughts are appreciated.
Have you taken the brake off and tried it without it! Could be the brake causing you fits! Cheap to try it out!

Got a factory 308 Win. barrel that's giving me fits, I've shot the world through it and it just will not group. I'm looking at having sent off to JES Reboring and get it rebored to 358 Winchester, or should I "bite the bullet" and just get custom barrel made. It wears a Holland Radical Brake as well and I've always wanted a 358, your thoughts are appreciated.
Perhaps you might think about having the chamber checked to see if it's true and not cut non-concentric, it happens and it doesn't have to be off by much to give a guy fits. The free-bore runs into the lands and groves, making one part of the radius of the circle (circumference) shorter than the other. Just a thought good luck. Cheers

Precession, not like the equinox, more like a child's top.
Enter the rifling enough off concentricity and precession will occur.
Once clear of the muzzle aerodynamic forces come into play as the bullet nose describes a high speed spirograph within the harmonics of the angular error.

From some Aberdeen Proving Grounds paper I read decades ago and more than my share of bullets sent tumbling end of end over the years. ;-)

Best of luck. Shoot small groups
The barrel likes a variety of factory loads, especially the Remington Core-Lokt tipped 165 gr., Winchester 150 gr, the Barnes TTSX 130 and shoots the 150 gr. a little tighter, shoots handloaded Hornady 165 gr. BTSP really well. It seems to prefer the 165's in a cup and core, and the 150 mono's and Varget powder.