• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Cooper (or similar) 280 AI

azjim

I'm really liking my Excalibur in 280 AI but so is my son. Since he's headed off to Fort Carson, I'm sure the Cooper will be headed his way soon. Anyone have a used one that they would be willing to part with ?
Thanks , Jim

I'm really liking my Excalibur in 280 AI but so is my son. Since he's headed off to Fort Carson, I'm sure the Cooper will be headed his way soon. Anyone have a used one that they would be willing to part with ?
Thanks , Jim
We have a Cooper Model 22 Phoenix in 260. Bought it new with a 1:9 barrel and it was a tack driver with 140SMK & 140SGK. I sent it back to Cooper after a few rounds (had money at the time) wanting a 1:8 twist and threaded barrel. I did the trigger work and it's SWEET. This Model 22 came back in FACTORY NEW condition.
Shoots in the same hole. Proofed with SMK 142. Have the load data. The tech from Cooper that proofed the rifle said that is is the most accurate that he has ever tested at Cooper. I am thinking about Jewelling the bolt before sale. Also has a Ken Farrell rail. I have more pictures if interested. Since receiving from Cooper this rifle has never been shot! (Safe King). Right now I several builds going on, I have enough calibers in hunting rifles for any game. This is just a nice rifle and great for hunting!
I invested close to $3,000 not sure what I will take for it, but Jill says let's get her 6MM BR built. (so much less)

Thanks
Len & Jill

Attachments

• Cooper .260.jpg
    Cooper .260.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 40
  • Cooper 22 .206 cal.jpg
    Cooper 22 .206 cal.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 38
  • Cooper 22 .260.jpg
    Cooper 22 .260.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 31
  • Cooper Model 22 .260.jpg
    Cooper Model 22 .260.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 39
Still not 280AI, but I have a Cooper Excalibur Model 56 (longer action now discontinued) in 7 Rem mag that is essentially NIB. I am mulling over selling it as I am interested in something of the 6 or 6.5 persuasion. PM me if you are interested.